Zhejiang Shunlin Valve Co., Ltd. is China Flange Valve Manufacturers, we are design and manufactures API standard valves (globe valves, gate valves, check valves, ball valves).
According to the feedback, when many netizens need to choose a floating ball or a fixed ball, it is not clear. Next, I will take you to describe the difference between fixed ball valves and floating ball valves in detail, so that users can select the type and readers in the valve industry can read it. The main differences are appearance, the working principle, and function use.
1. Floating ball valves and fixed ball valves are easily distinguished in appearance. If the valve body has a lower fixed shaft, it must be a fixed ball valve.
2. If there is a seat grease valve on the valve body, it is basically a fixed ball valve. However, the reverse is not true. It is incorrect to have a floating ball valve without a seat grease valve, because small sizes, such as 2 "fixed ball valves, usually have no seat grease valve.
1. The ball of the floating ball valve is only the upper valve rod, and the ball can move slightly, so it is called a floating ball valve. There is also a fixed shaft at the bottom of the fixed ball valve to fix the position of the ball, so it cannot be displaced, so it is called a fixed ball valve.
2. As the ball of the floating ball valve is subject to the pressure of the medium, the ball moves and tightly sticks to the valve seat to achieve sealing. It is necessary to consider whether the valve seat material can withstand the working pressure. The ball of the fixed ball valve is fixed. It is driven by the medium pressure to move the valve seat and close to the ball to achieve sealing.
Function and use
1. Floating ball valve is applicable to medium and low pressure, and the diameter is small; a Fixed ball valve can bear up to 60 inches in size.
2. The fixed ball valve can realize the function of double resistance and double row, while the floating ball valve is mostly one-way sealed. The fixed ball valve can block the media both upstream and downstream at the same time. When the pressure in the cavity of the valve body is greater than the tightening force of the valve seat spring, the valve seat will be pushed open to release the pressure in the cavity, and the packaging is safe.
3. The service life of a fixed ball valve is usually longer than that of a floating ball valve.
4. The torque of the fixed ball valve is smaller than that of the floating ball valve, so the operation is more labor-saving.
5. Fixed ball valves above 4 inches are equipped with valve seat grease filling valves while floating ball valves are not.
6. The sealing performance of the fixed ball valve is more reliable: PTFE single material sealing ring is embedded in the stainless steel valve seat, and the spring is set at the end of the metal valve seat to ensure sufficient preload of the sealing ring. When the sealing surface of the valve is worn during use, the valve will continue to ensure good sealing performance under the action of the spring.
7. The fixed ball of ball valve of the same specification is generally more expensive than the floating ball
Zhejiang Shunlin Valve Co., Ltd. is a China flange valve manufacturer and OEM flange valve supplier, we provide custom flange valve sales, welcome to consult.